FIMI drones unofficial
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overring weight of the Parrot Disco

Go down

Overring weight of the Parrot Disco Empty Overring weight of the Parrot Disco

Post by Admin 2021-04-19, 03:42

If you intend to fly Disco with 3s3p, I suggest you make the following changes:
- Replace OEM servos and arms with 3D arms with wheel and servos with metal gears and ball bearings (12 gr., fast answer)
- Rplace OEM motor with 1000 gr thrust     motor (same propeller) (Leopard 2835 1350kv motor?)
- Edit the parameters:
 "NAV_DEFAULT_RADIUS" increase from 30 to 50.
 " LDGS_TOUCHDOWN_SLOPE"  decrease from 50 to 20.
 "PID" values (decrease gain (P, I) and increase lead time (D).

The values ​​of the PID algorithm serve to govern the response of the servos.

The gain "kP" determines the Amplitude of response.
The gain "kI the repetitions or correction attempts of" offset ".
And" kD "is the anticipation time ... (the latter is preferable not to touch it, unless we master the matter).

They must be adjusted little by little, increments or decreases of 10% in kP and kI, and kD we leave it to zero).

Then each change must be tested in the field (trial and error) until the behavior is correct.

Keep in mind that the Stock values ​​are adequate for the factory weight (750 gr.), but when we increase the weight a lot (30% or more), each disc will behave in an unpredictable way.
Some will need PID adjustments and others will not.

In my opinion, it is more important to correct the CG than PIDs, since carrying overweight and CG too far ahead or behind can be fatal, you will have difficulties to take off, sudden movements in tight turns (stalls), and in case of falls the damages will be important.
Gold "would be: As the model's overweight increases, first place to center the CG very well.
If this first is not enough, we will make the response of the servos slower, adjusting PIDs (lowering the gain kP and kI).

Admin
Admin

https://fimi.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down